Geek Week provides endless library access

Geek Week Poster

The dawning of Finals Week brings the return of Geek Week, an opportunity for students to study in the Marriott Library to their heart’s content from dusk till dawn.

The Marriott Library will be open to students 24-7 until Friday. The library will also be open Saturday until 10 p.m. and Sunday until 2 a.m.

Geek Week was established by ASUU this year, and its pilot run was in Fall Semester. The idea of having the library accessible to students at all times during finals was a platform of ASUU President Neela Pack.

ASUU will also provide free coffee, pizza and school supplies from 8 p.m. to midnight and Commuter Services will be providing parking validations.

ASUU pays in part for the library to remain open, funding utilities and maintenance while the library covers staff wages.

The success of Fall Semester’s test run has convinced the library to extend the hours to Friday and Saturday.

“Although we have extended hours again, we ask that you help us keep this as an ongoing event by being respectful of Marriott Library policies,” Pack wrote in an email to the student body.

• LibraryLover

The geek in the poster looks like he’s 80. Perhaps that’s how we’ll all look after spending five straight days (that’s 24/5, not 24/7) in the library.